Program Values & Principles
Family/Person centered practice:
- Families know their children best and have the right and responsibility to advocate for them.
- Family-centered practice aims to support and strengthen parents’ abilities to nurture and enhance their child’s well-being and development. Families will be encouraged to participate to the best of their ability.
- Each person is entitled to respect and dignity.
- Each person has value and something to contribute in their home community.
- Caring relationships enhance any person’s quality of life.
- Confidentiality will be maintained at all times.
- All programs are based on cooperatively developed goals according to the individual needs of the persons served.
- Shared responsibility: ‘It takes a community’. A team approach supports shared decision making.
- Early provision of team planning and support services contributes to each person’s development. Service providers are a key partner in community collaboration and program planning. Individualized supports guide the planning. Some children youth, and adults may require extra supports to be included with their peers.
- Inclusion supports the rights of all people, to participate actively within their communities. All families and Individuals have the right to make choices within their communities.
- All persons have the right to full community inclusion.
Community based approach:
- All persons need to be welcomed, supported and valued in their communities. Diversity is to be valued.
- Outreach model of service delivery.