Code of Ethics
Respect the rights, uniqueness and dignity of all people. Respect for diversity regarding ability, culture, spiritual beliefs, political beliefs, gender, age, socio-economic status, sexual orientation and family composition. Diversity encompasses acceptance and respect.
The needs of the people who receive our services and their families take precedence over other consideration. Their goals are a priority for our programs.
Professional competence and integrity will be reflected by sensitivity and responsiveness to the people who receive our services. Staff will follow evidence based practice standards in their work. They are knowledgeable and skilled. They are trustworthy and responsive in responsibilities and duties.
Confidentiality: employees will model and practice confidentiality at all times.
What to expect from us:
- Treat you and your family with respect
- We will listen to, respect your opinions and ideas that are relevant to program services
- Keep your information private and confidential. We will not release any information without informed written consent**
- Respect your right to privacy
- Include you in any decisions
- Provide services based on your needs/goals
- Provide you with information that is clear and understandable
- Provide access to your records
- Provide you with suggestions and information
- Listen to your concerns and when resolution is not possible, support you in following our complaint process
** Please be advised TRCL staff are required by law to report any disclosure or indication of abuse or if we believe that an individual is in danger. We are required by law to release information/documents if a court order or subpoena is issued.